Re: [MV] Here's How To Remove Zinc/Galvanized Finish from Steel Parts...

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 18:08:20 PDT

Jim Newton wrote:

> Hi List...
>
> (WARNING: USE THIS INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK. FOLLOW SAFETY
> PROCEDURES FOR ACIDS AND CHEMICALS AT ALL TIMES IF YOU ATTEMPT THIS
> PROCESS YOURSELF. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT VIDEO TAPES OF MV LISTERS
> ATTEMPTING THIS PROCEDURE WITHOUT PROPER SAFETY MEASURES, SO DON'T
> WASTE YOUR TIME!)
>
> OK.

Please heed the above warning. By happenstance, I did exactly this yesterday,
but diluted the acid first. I took some cold water in a container and added the
acid to the water. (NEVER ADD WATER TO ACID). The dilute solution works just
fine, although a bit more slowly, and is a whole lot safer.

I needed an M8 black nut.

-John