What is this and does a collector want it....

From: David Covell (dcovell@vtlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 06:15:00 PDT

Hello,
If you go to one of my websites www.davidvt.com you will see a small photo
of a 1980 dodge military ambulance painted yellow. Under the fire
department paint is air force blue paint. This truck seems to be unique and
was delivered to the usgov in Feb1980. It is based on a W400 dodge 360auto
dual rear tired 4x4 chassis. The label on the dash just says 4 liter
ambulance.

Does this have an 'M' designation? Again, this is not a single rear tire
run of the mill 318 powered dodge ambulance of the mid to late 70's.

This was retired from a local fire department this past February. Since
being out of the heated garage the rust is starting to really get going on
the box. The cab looks ok and the pto driven which works well. This truck
has about 9K miles on it! By the end of the summer I will take the torch
to it and turn it into a flat bed or 1 ton dump. I have a new cab roof/rear
wall and intend to have it welded back on.

But first, seeing that this seems to be unique, I am giving some motivated
collector a chance to contact me before this gets turned into just another
old flatbed with a gnarly winch on it.

David C
North East, Vermont
joespond@vtlink.net

---
Outgoing mail was run through a virus scanner and should be safe to read!