Re: [MV] diesel fuel questions (a solution to road tax)

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2003 - 00:58:22 PDT

Mr. Garbee and list,

I wholeheartedly agree with your concerns. On a
humorous/sarcastic note, the next time I screw up my
alignment on a pot hole I'll blame it on the
offhighway fuel bandits. The last thing I want to see
is the poor DOT get victimized by some farmer cheating
them out of $2.00. To offset this problem I have a
solution. Phase out the massive fleets of civilian
dumptrucks Mack, Sterling, Freightliner etc. And buy
up the military surplus for pennies on the dollar. I
know, the heavy truck market would suffer, but
wouldn't it be funny to see some ticked off highway
worker lumbering around in an old repainted (orange,
or lime green, take your pick) M54. Bet that AWD
would really plow snow.

These comments are merely a humorous way to look at
it. I don't exactly believe this would work and mean
no insult to the DOT or highway crews. My grandfather
was on various town boards and such so I grew up
hearing him complain about certain road crew issues,
his joke/solution was to put spikes on the end of the
shovel handles.

Marc