Re: [MV] How do the convoy beacons mount on an M35A2?

From: L & D Almquist (rpa6708@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 07:36:10 PDT

Greg

Awhile back I bought a convoy light from Coleman's Surplus in PA.

I got a mounting plate from Federal Signal (searched their website), mounted a pipe flange on it that would mate with a PVC pipe connector and a long
PVC pipe. I put a cap at the bottom of the pipe and drilled a hole for the wire to exit the pipe. I mounted the unit on the cab rear (holes already
there) with 3 muffler clamps. The wire runs under the cab and then up to the dash where I mounted the switch. Works well, especially at night when
towing a vehicle or in a convoy.

3 photos of the convoy light job are at the following web site until 7/28/03 (space limits):
http://home.netcom.com/~rpa6708/m35a2

I have been told there are no problems with using a yellow warning light (properly) in Colorado. Best to check for your state.

Dick Almquist
M151 & M416A1
M35A2
M37