[MV] Tank Book

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 18:41:15 PDT

Just a heads up for those who like tanks: I ran across an oversized
paperback book at SAMS Club today titled

The Gread Book of Tanks

by David Miller. Approximately 1.5-2" thick, photos on every page. The
book claims to describe " all the important tank designs to have entered
service since the first operational tank, a British Mark I, rolled off the
production line on 16 January 1916 " He seems to delve into many technical
factoids as well as oddities, like the Sherman DD which was amphibious: it
would raise a water proof screen around the upper body of the tank to help
it either float or stay dry ( I can't tell which ). The book is selling
at Sams for $11.64 .

My apologizes if this author is deemed less than knowing by real tank
experts, but the photos and much of the info is pretty cool.

         Paul