Mutt Starting Question

From: Rich Sherman (richs@volcano.net)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 11:50:42 PDT

My M151A2 just began having a starting problem, maybe someone has
experienced this. I'm stumped. Here's what is happening:

When I crank it with the starter, it won't fire regardless of how I use the
choke or throttle. For years it always started with one or two cranks and
the choke out. As soon as it fired push the choke in and off I go. However,
if I push start (or coast down the hill and release the clutch) it starts
and runs fine, everytime. After warming up it will start with the starter.

The batteries are charged and it cranks at a good speed. It has spark and
gas while cranking.

I would appreciate any advice or ideas.

Thanks,
Rich