Towing Chain Keyhole References Needed...

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 16:29:21 PDT

Hi All...

On tow trucks and maybe military towing vehicles, there are often
holes cut into steel plate that allows a chain end to be inserted and
dropped down into the slot to lock the chain.

Sometimes these are shaped like a crucifix with rounded ends on the
slot openings.

If you have a piece of equipment in your yard that has one of these
holes for a chain to lock into, could you take a little quickie
digital picture of it and email it to me? Even a sketch would be
good.

This is for a safety chain plate that I am building for use in
conjunction with a military medium towbar, and I want to see
alternative designs used on these chain keyholes.

I appreciate it!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com