Re: [MV] Towing Chain Keyhole References Needed...

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 18:12:19 PDT

Jim:

I don't have a picture handy. But they are easy to figure out:

Take the size of the chain link that will typically be used. Make slots that
will allow the link to pass through, in the shape of a cross. The
left-to-right dimension should allow one link to pass through. The vertical
slot should be deeper at the bottom of the cross, so that the link will drop
down and gravity will hold it in the bottom of the slot. Make all slots
slightly bigger than the links.

Go down to the nearest coffee shop where the telephone company splicers hang
out. At the rear of every splicing rig there will be two of these slots, for
hooking up the safety chains, while towing a compressor. Sneak up on a
truck, and get a quick picture.