[Fwd: Re: [MV] Looking for a M35A2--Are auction vehicles generally drivable? THANKS...]

From: Glenn Shaw (wolf.star@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 08:03:43 PDT

Hi Ken
I think it would be a good call to go to a Joe Young or a John Winslow.
I just bid on four trucks in the latest GL sale. They all went for 2500
to over 4 thousand dollars. They looked like they MIGHT drive out of
there to be sure. I say MIGHT because you never know. Plus you have
the whole end use certificate crap to deal with which would mean it
would be September at the earliest before I could even pick them up
too. In the meantime all the mechanics in the area might be stopping by
for parts they need for their OMS shop and stripping them. Happens all
the time speaking from sad experience. When you complain they say too
bad/thats the way it was. Finally there is the 10% surcharge on top of
that and the biggest thing of all is that not 1 of the trucks would be
coming with any title or form 97. Now if I went to Joe Young in NJ or
John Winslow in NC or Jim Chase in MN I would get a similar truck for 3
grand or so more all set to go with new batteries, fluids changed ready
to drive away. And with a valid title. So I agree there is sometimes a
good deal on a GL sale but you cant go wrong with the guys I mentioned
for a lot less hassle. This all translates into more happiness for you
the buyer which is certainly worth something especially if you intend to
drive the truck a long distance when you pick it up. Sorry for the long
winded post but I have bought and sold a ton of these things and though
I would have something to offer. I was a dealer myself back in the
1970's and put myself through college runnig a mil vehicle business.

Glenn Shaw
MVPA
MTANJ

--