Re: [MV] 2 x Pz III and 1 x Tiger "for sale"

From: jimweb@endgame.demon.co.uk
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 01:18:12 PDT

Edwin M. Dyer, III wrote:

> Hmm...smells about as ripe as the swamp that tank is
> sitting in.
>
> I'm sure it is bogus. Perhaps Jim Webster can shed
> some light on things given that he used to recover
> such relics and knows the huge pitfalls and scams
> which abound over there.

Normally one hears rumours of these things ages before an 'official'
annoncement but in this case I haven't heard anything at all before this
so you will have to draw your own conclusions here.

Its getting more common for this sort of announcement to be an attempt
to get funds for a 'recovery' and for nothing to be found as a result of
the 'recovery' except maybe a few bits.

My advice on this type of thing is to, at the minimum, see images before
doing any sort of commitment and if the seller sends you images pass
them around to see if the images have been used before. Be suspicious if
the seller insists you keep the images to yourself in some way.

--
TTFN
Jim