Re: [MV] M-809 series questions

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 22:27:51 PDT

>I just acquired two M-809 trucks an M-816 and a M-813.
>
>Can the M-816 tow an M-813 I was looking in the manuals and they say that a
>M-809 type truck can only tow about 15,000 LBS, What about the M-816
>Wrecker?

The M816 can tow most anything you can hook to(but stay away from
battleships and any tanks with the tracks locked though) and at 40,000lbs
it will stop with it too. BUT If you are going to use the M816 to haul the
other truck home remember if you use it that way, you might need wrecker
insurance and THAT AIN'T CHEAP!!

>Also how do you start a M-809 type truck, is it as easy as a M-35 (I have
>one and I can drive it well,

You have a dash mounted battery switch to turn on and a little below that is
another switch that you turn like a ignition key on your car and it is
suppose to shut down like that too but on mine I have to use the fuel shut
off "engine stop"

>except with a trailer going backwards)
Try turning the trailer around they tow better that way. :))

>Is there a big difference between driving a M-809 and a Deuce,

YES BIGGER IS BETTER!!! and swing W I D E R on turns

how good is the power steering?

You will think you are driving Grandpa's Cadillac.

>Finally what TM's should I get for them? I plan on maintaining them myself
>and I am not afraid to tear into the engine or the tranny etc....

Check Ebay you should find a CD for around 10.00 that will cover most
everything.

Good luck and Happy Driving, Wayne