M49 deuce pto question

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 17:18:13 PDT

Good evening fellow list members. I started removing a pto from the
transfer case of a M49 deuce tanker this evening and I can't get the gear
with the 4 protrusions pointing toward the back of the truck off of the
shaft of the transfer case. I assume this is needed to install the pto on
another pto that has no pto on it. The gear has a small screw in the side
that I removed but the gear won't move. I looked on my truck and the cover
over this hole doesn't look like it would have this gear under it, but it
does have a bulge that makes me think the shaft is there. Any info would be
appreciated. I am trying to remove all the parts I would need to put this
pto on another truck that has no pto. Does the gear go with the pto and
what holds it on?

Thanks,
Joe Trapp