M151 engine and transmission for sale

From: David Jensen (dj362@gorge.net)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 10:10:51 PDT

I have an M151 A2 engine/tranny for sale, $350 obo, located in White
Salmon, WA, near Hood River, OR. It was last run several years ago and
has been barn-stored then. Here's the discolosure: It came in a '53
M-37 and I drove it for less than 50 miles, I don't think the previous
owner that installed it drove it that much. It actually did ok but was
weird as you can imagine. When I found another engine for the M-37, I
put together an engine stand out of an old section of truck frame, put
a volvo radiator up front, and mounted the engine on that. I ran it for
about 20 minutes, shut it off, and it hasn't run since. So the upshot
is it's had a strange life, but is functional and complete, and you
should be able to hear it run before purchasing.
Dave Jensen
dj362@gorge.net
(509) 493-8639