Re: WW-II Ford production question... GBK, GAK

From: Jim Gilmore (jgilmore@ptd.net)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2003 - 08:58:03 PDT

Claude wrote:

>How might I get a copy of Contract Number W-374-ORD-1744.

I will save you several hundred hours of research.........

This contract for the Ford GAK and GBK vehicles is not in the Ford Motor Company Archives nor has it been located in the National Archives.

For what purpose do you seek this contract?

      If it is for specifications of the vehicles, then you will not find it in the actual contract. This will be in Ordnance Department specification sheets.

     If it is for specific items of the vehicles then the data may be found in the ORD. or QMC ES (Engineering Specifications ) sheets.

      If it is for modifications done to the vehicles in service then you will need to locate the FSMWO's, TB's, MWO's and OFSB's for the vehicles.

       If it is for production changes made during the production of the vehicles then you will need to locate the ECO,s and the OCOD sheets for each change. This may be a large task as there were over 1,000 changes to these vehicles during their production run at both Ford Branch Plants.

>Anyone have copies of Ford Production Order Numbers: T-3809, T-4157,
>T-7227, & T-18402.

    The numbers you have listed here are not Ford production order numbers. These are the Government (Treasury Department) Production Order numbers and have no relation to the Ford index numbers.

Jim Gilmore