Re: [MV] License to drive M816

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 13:50:20 PDT

There has been some posting in past about this --

In Tennessee if you own vehicle, do not get paid for hauling, driving,
towing, not even a cup of coffee, vehicle is considered recreational
vehicle and you do not need CDLs, weight does not enter into discussion. I
have vehicle with winch on both ends, weight some over 37.000, has antique
tags and I do not need CDLs to drive it. At some less than 2mpg I do not
drive in much.

And I also understand that CDLs are federal regulated, if this is true there
should not be much variance from state to state--

 notice please I said "I understand" & "should not be"

Everette