Re: [MV] By Golly, They DO run backwards!

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 18:15:39 PDT

Hi All...

>Some engines will bend push rods if run backwards.

Will deuce multi-fuel engines be damaged by running backwards like
this?

I used to have an old Benelli motor bike (90cc or so) that could be
bump-started backwards. It was a 2-stroke. What a funny joke it was
to secretly bump-start it backwards then give it to a friend to drive.
Heh heh! No reverse on that! But that bike had the rare motorcycle
posi-traction locker rear end. ;)