RE: [MV] Stupid question # ......

From: Rick Thiers (rick@mvsalesandhardware.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 11:15:06 PDT

Hi Glen,
        My local equipment rental company has a loading dock for unloading heavy
equipment. It's no more than an earthen bank, supported by railroad ties,
that's trailer height. That way when they get new equipment, they just
drive/roll it off. Is there one near you?
        Also, when I bought a tracked asphalt paver, I had a heavy duty roll back
come to my location, drove the paver from the trailer onto the roll back,
then from the roll back, to the ground. At the time(mid 90's) they charged
$50. an hour, and he was only there 45 minutes. I'm guessing all roll back
trucks have a winch, so if your trucks don't run, the could be dragged on,
then lowered off.
        Good luck!

Rick Thiers
M.V. Sales & Hardware