Re: [MV] Stupid question # ......

From: Mark J. Blair (ke6myk_mvlist@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 12:00:12 PDT

Glen Bedel wrote:
> Ok how to get 2 M818s off a 48'flatbed trailer. Possible deck ht. at 54"

I don't think it's a stupid question. Other suggestions already posted are
good. There's another option, too: Lift them off, one end at a time, with a
commercial wrecker. That's how we unloaded my M543A2 5-ton wrecker when no

1) The commercial wrecker picked up the back end of my truck with it's axle lift.

2) The truck driver pulled hte tractor/trailer forward until the front wheels
of my truck were at the back edge of the trailer.

3) The wrecker lowered my truck to the ground, so the rear wheels were on the
ground and the fronts were on the trailer.

4) The wrecker pulled around and lifted up the front end of my truck with its
crane.

5) The truck driver pulled the trailer out the rest of the way.

6) The wrecker lowered my truck to the ground.

When my Gama Goat arrived, I did the same thing, using my own wrecker. The
lockout truss was installed on the goat so it wouldn't bend in the middle.

Here are pictures for inspiration:

http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/greentruck/truck3/pics.html

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>