oil spewing genset

From: Chris Stansbury (chris_stansbury@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 12:26:12 PDT

Hey Guys,
My brother bought a MEO-016C genset last year. When the seller test fired
it for him it ran great, didn't smoke, made good power for him, etc... But,
a few weeks ago, the power went out and my fired up the genset, which ran
great for about 5-10 minutes and then all of a sudden it started spewing oil
out of the seals. It was coming out around the oil filter seal and the rear
main into the fan box. He shut it down and checked it and it wasn't
overfilled with oil or anything weird like that. It has a CDR or PCV on it
which feeds into the air intake and he said it was working fine too.
Anybody have this problem? Any thoughts? Thanks

Chris Stansbury, O.D.
1301 Lee Street East
Charleston, WV 25301
304-343-3363