Deuce tranny question....

From: Greg (czechsix@cox.net)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 18:21:59 PDT

List - on my Diesel truck, 5th is sometimes popping out. From past
experience, this could either be worn gears, or worn detents in the top
cover. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so what did you find out?
I'm about ready to pull the tranny - I'll fix my rear main at the same time.
Not drooling too much, but it would be nice to not have anything coming out
at all, so it's getting done too.

Any tips on either one of those jobs? Anything to watch out for when I pull
the top cover or the gearsets? How about any problem areas to watch for with
the rear main? It looks like a really basic job - never hurts to ask
questions though.

Thanks,
Greg
Vista, CA