RE: [MV] Fw: [MV] diesel fuel drain back

From: Stu (stuinnh@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 15:10:00 PDT

Put in a new pressure switch in the Stanadyne 80 filter base. It cures
the drain back and loss of pressure when it sits. Military put out new
part to fix problem with switch cracking and leaking air and/or diesel.
Part costs $10 from MV dealer. No need for check valve. Once I changed
switch, I took check valve out of mine and have never had that problem
again. Save time and money (to buy more beer of course) and replace the
switch.

                "Stu"
 Southern New Hampshire, USA
        "Live Free Or Die"

Military Vehicle Preservation Assoc.
Merrimack Valley Military Vehicle Collectors
Green Mountain Military Vehicle Club
Vehicles:
1967 M151A1 Jeep
1964 M416 1/4 Ton Trailer