RE: [MV] helicopter TMs

From: Glen Bedel (GBedel@designforum.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 05:10:48 PDT

Money first ..... Security second.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim [mailto:jeeperjim@cox-internet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 7:14 PM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: [MV] helicopter TMs

Hi All,
Earlier this evening I sent out a query about a -10 for a specific model of
helicopter. The reason that these are approved for public release is due to
the FAA regulations. The operators are required by federal law to have a
flight manual in the aircraft any time it is off the ground. This applies
to any civilian aircraft or any ex-military aircraft without exception back
to manufacture dates post 1952. I am an Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic with
an Inspection Authorization and I am looking for the -10 because my company
is involved in the purchase of some aircraft and I was wanting to compare
the manual in the aircraft with the latest official publication for
currency. There are hundreds of Bell UH-1 series being certificated for
civilian use and being assigned FAA registration numbers. It is all above
board. Bell Helicopter is also getting on the "Band Wagon" realizing there
is money to be made in parts sales to civilians now that the military is
fazing these models out. Thanks for the concern though, Jim
jeeperjim@cox-internet.com

To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org> To
reach a human, contact <ack@mil-veh.org>