Re: About active armor...and hueys

From: Richard (metal@fullwave.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 21:10:30 PDT

umm.....I don't think it'd reduce the -momentum-
at all.

I don't know whether the same mass of vaporized
metal would be more or less likely to penetrate;
but even vaporized, it's still X grams moving at Y
feet per second....

re; the choppers

A friend of mine put together a Bell completely
from surplus parts. Took him about 8 yrs of
watching the sales. Cost for all parts was around
5 grand.....except the engine! <g>

He did finally come across a turbine, fully overhauled
and ready to install, and I think he won it with a bid
of around 50K.

Great little chopper.

R.

--

Please do NOT add or "subscribe" me to any lists or databases.