Stalwart Information

From: vislocky (vislocky@prodigy.net)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 18:39:13 PDT

Hello List,

I am contemplating the purchase of a British Stalwart Mk II amphibious cargo
truck. Can anyone out there give me some brief pros and cons of this type
vehicle. I have owned M35A2 2 1/2 ton vehicles but have never ventured into
the British vehicles. Is this type vehicle going to be a challenge to
maintain or operate on the road? I have heard they can't be driven on a
hard road for very long or they get transmission "windup." I don't know
anyone that owns one so my sources of information are limited. I don't want
to get into something that will be a nightmare to own. Any guidance would
be greatly appreciated. Thank you.