Re: [MV] Buyer from England

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 08:23:25 PDT

>Wouldn't this be mail fraud or one of its as soon as they sent the
>rubber check?

I'm not sure "mail fraud" applies to private carriers like FedEx.
 However, I am nearly certain the mere fact of forging a bank document is
a crime. Cashing it would have only upped the ante.

If I were Jon, I would send the cheque and documentation to the bank it
was drawn on and let them handle it. I am sure they have a group of
folks that would be very pleased to go after the bastard.

Steve