Re: [MV] G/L on Ebay

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 01:46:10 PDT

At 04:50 PM 8/12/2003 -0700, Mark J. Blair wrote:
>Recovry4x4@aol.com wrote:
>>Hey gang, get a load of what this chap is doing!
>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10368&item=2427798111
>
>Take a look at his feedback... it looks like a lot of folks have fallen
>for it, too! Well, before we criticize this guy, maybe we should find out
>if he actually works for the department that collects the Stupid Tax. :-)
>
>Hey, do any of y'all know of a dealer who has NOS 120 PSI oil pressure
>senders and gauges in stock? I tried Memphis and Antelope Valley, and
>neither has any in stock. They just have the 60 PSI units.

         Mark,

         I know it's not the way the military used them but I would replace
the oil sender unit with a civilian direct feed gauge, uses plastic line
and is easy to route to dash/install. You would then have a reliable oil
gauge without using any power (24V) other than a light bulb for night ops..

         All commercial trucks that I have ever driven are direct feed oil
gauges. Everything else is electrical feed.

         Jim