British split rims and N.American tires

From: Yuke.RF@forces.gc.ca
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 09:38:45 PDT

        Hello out there in cyber-land. Have a question/problem. I have a set
of 9.00 X 16 NDCC tires I want to use on a Ford 15 CWT (hundred weight) that
has 9.00 X 16 British rims. I would be using the Ford rims which are a true
split rim (two halves bolted together). There is some question as to what I
have to do to get the tires to fit on the rims. The tires are designed with
a 5 degree bead and the rims were designed with a 0 degree bead. Is there a
problem with just putting on the tires ? The tires look like they would just
fit right on to the rims.
Any advice gratefully accepted.
Thanks

Yuke, Rick Cpl