water and/or tranmission fluid in carb. throttle body

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 04:47:31 PDT

My post of just a few minutes ago pertains to GASOLINE engines only.
Mechanic friend of mine relates story that happened a few years ago when he
was instructed by shop foreman to put transmission fluid in pickup engine to
clear running rough, he told shop foreman that this was diesel engine -first
year GM made diesel for pickups - shop foreman said something like "I am in
charge of this shop, if I tell you to do something do it" My friend said
that he never heard an engine run so fast as that one did when he dumped
quart of transmission into intake.

Everette

I WILL LIFT UP MY EYES TO THE HILL,
FROM WHENCE DOES MY HELP COME,