Re: [MV] water and dielsel

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 23:13:59 PDT

While we're on the subject of water injection, water
injection in a turbo is a fairly cheap and easy thing
to install and it will do three things:

1. Increase mileage
2. Reduce carbon deposits
3. Lower engine temperature

It will increase mileage by cooling the intake air
dramatically and since cooler air is more dense it
carries more fuel/air to the cylinder which increases
power thru a smooth combustion process.

The vaporized water mixes in the combustion chamber
and acts like a scouring agent, but it won't harm
metal, just attacks carbon. It will remove carbon
deposits that can cause predetonation. A cleaner
combustion chamber/valves helps the engine runs
smoother too.

Caterpillar did a study and found a 29% increase in
mileage per gallon of diesel fuel--with no unusual
problems.

If you are interested in the injection kits, I have
seen them on eBay for under a $100.

Lastly, you can use water to clean your gasoline
powered engines. Here's how:

At about 2500 RPM, slowly poor about 1 qt. of diesel
thru the carb. It's going to smoke like crazy, so
choose your spot wisely.

Next, pour about 1-2 quarts of water slowly into the
engine the same way. The diesel has saturated the
carbon deposits inside the engine and now the water
blasts the carbon deposits right out the exhaust
valve. I used this to cure predetonation problems or
run-on. Might have to repeat this process on really
dirty engines.