24VDC battery charger

From: Glen Closson (glen@closson.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 19:47:41 PDT

I bought a Schauer DX5 (Japlar/Schauer) awhile ago and it works great!
It has a switch on the front to select 6, 12 or 24V; so I can use it on the
MV or the civy cars. It's 10A but I have been able to pull 15A with no
problem as indicated on the meter on the front.

The only thing its missing is a timer or automatic cut-off. But there is
plenty of room inside for a mechanical wind-up timer that I plan to add.

The company is located in Cincinnati OH (They know about power in Ohio don't
they? Isn't that where the big blackout started?) :)

I forgot where I got mine, but here are some places I found on the web that
sells them:
http://www.myles-rec.com/12%20Volt%20City/chargers/SCHAUER/PDF's/dx5.htm
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/schauermanchrgr.php

Regards,