Humvee M998 Transmission Fluid in the Geared Hub

From: vislocky (vislocky@prodigy.net)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 18:33:12 PDT

Hello Fellow Listers!

I have a problem!! The rear axle geared hub on one side "blew" oil. I
opened up the fill plug and oil overflowed flowed out, red in color. Looks
like transmission fluid mixed with the gear oil. I remember a string on
this topic aways back. If anyone still has it or can give me some advise I
would greatly appreciate it. What caused this? Is the seal in this hub
blown now? What is the fix on what caused this? Thank you for any help you
can provide. Thanks, Kevin