Re: [MV] Humvee M998 Transmission Fluid in the Geared Hub

From: International Movie Services (ims@telus.net)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 08:08:35 PDT

You probably have the Hummer "vampire syndrome" which I wrote about for the
list a couple of month's ago. Check your transfer case right away-if you
have been adding transmission fluid in higher than normal amounts the
cooling coil in your transfer case is cracking. This will destroy your trans
and torque converter very quickly. If in any doubt disconnect the cooling
lines from trans to transfer case and "loop" them until you have time to
pull the case and repair or replace the coil.
Can give you more details if you require.
Good luck,
Ian