Re: [MV] glow plugs cycling & wait light in a HMMWV

From: Vadim Kogan (vadim@XCF.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 22:16:43 PDT

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 12:09:43AM -0700, Vadim Kogan wrote:
> Thank you everybody for fast responses.
>
> I have KDS CS-2695 and non-swelling glow plugs. Tomorrow I will check to
> make sure I can pull them out. I have to drive it tomorrow, but after that
> it's going to sit in the garage 'till I figure out what's going on.

I took one of the glow plugs out, it just came right out. I'll assume the
rest are fine too.

> As I pulled into the garage, the brake light (for hand brake, on the dash)
> was faintly lit when the brake was off. Same kind of faint light as the wait
> light, except not flickering. I wonder if it could be a purely light-related
> problem (e.g. bad ground).

I was able to reproduce this tonight. Moreover, the brighness changed as I
turned the headlights off, then turned the brake lights off (and then back
on, etc.) I am now suspecting ground more and more. This will be the project
for tomorow, hopefully.

Now, does anybody happen to remember a TM with a wireing diagramm? I'm going
to search through my manuals, but I don't recall seeing one (needless to
say, I never read ALL of them :-). If somebody could point me in the right
direction, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thank you,
Vadim.