RE: [MV] HUMMWV new in the box $1750.

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 10:02:15 PDT

"By the way, I can't imagine why more HMMWVs will NOT
be released unless some twit in Congress gets a law
passed to crush them in the future."

Close, but not quite. AM General sold HMMWVs to the armed forces under a contract which stated that they could never be sold in civilian markets. (This might cover the parts too). AM General wanted to make their own civy version, which they called the Hummer. Higher price, leather, CD, etc, etc. Recently the H2 "Dummer" only goes to further emphasize this point.

The 750+/- HMMWVs already out their in the MV collector's world were auctioned off by the Marines. They couldn't afford to fix the ones they had, so they sold some off to fix the others. ...And they got busted!

Aaron Horrocks
1952 M38A1