Re: [MV] Special Forces - NO MV!

From: Alan R Wise (awise1@cinci.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 15:24:42 PDT

on 8/25/03 5:19 PM, Employee@MilVeh.com at milveh@sbcglobal.net wrote:

> Nothing in the way of MV content, but does anyone have
> any info. on 1st SF Group? Good, bad or otherwise?
>
> FYI: 1'st SF is based at Ft. Lewis and other than a
> couple of little things into Afghanistan the majority
> of the troops haven't done much of anything, just
> training, training, training.
>
> The reason I'm asking is my son (nearing the end of
> his SF training) is probably going to be assigned to
> 1st Grp, which is good because its somewhat close to
> home and we all like that part. But, he is really
> motivated and if he can't get any real world
> deployment after all this training, he says he would
> rather apply with another group where he is morely
> likely to use his training where it counts.
>
> So any scuttlebutt would of interest and I will pass
> it along to him. Other than 1st Grp, he thinks 10th
> SF is pretty good, any comments?
>
> Please just reply off-line.
>
> Thanks,
> Jack

Due to the present nature of Special Forces activities, I strongly advise
not to discuss this matter on line. There are plenty of sources of info your
SON can explore and not in such an open format. The history of 1st. Group
is open source, that has nothing to do with current status or near time.
Good luck to him, and I'd advise him if he's impatient, he shouldn't have
signed on; it's part of the job, and maturity is essential.