Re: [MV] USMC Markings

From: Combat (hellcat@provide.net)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 16:57:55 PDT

> Nearly all USMC vehicles used in the Korean War were WW II built ones so
it would not be likely your M-38-A1 would have been used by the Marines
during the conflict.

  I respectfully disagree Jim. While its true a large number of WWII
vehicles were in service during the Korean conflict I can assure you that
MANY M38A1's saw service and I have LOTS of photos to prove it. I have also
done extensive research on particularly the USMC M38A1 and have documented
several conversations with M.Pool MOS's that were there ( not including my
father and uncle). If you would like you read my partial write up of the
USMC M38A1's on M38A1.com

 Strangely I also have seen the occasional white lettering on 151's and even
on an M38 (not A1) but theres always that saying concerning "never and
always"........