Re: [MV] M-809 question

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 19:07:09 PDT

>From: "Witold Grzymala-Busse" <wbusse@ips-networking.com>
>Subject: [MV] M-809 question
>Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:11:35 -0500
>
>I have some questions regarding the m-809 series trucks:
>
>>What type of power steering fluid do you use in a M-809 type truck?

Go to http://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/show_etm.cfm and download the LO
9-2320-260-12 it is small and won't take long even on a dial up connection.
Or better yet check ebay they have a CD with most of the manuals for 10
bucks or so. But in case you need it right now, it is OE/HDO 10 which is
same as what you are using in the crane.

>In my wrecker I found a dipstick on the floor that looked just like the oil
>dipstick but it was only about 1 foot long, what is it for? The hydraulic
>reservoir for the crane had its dipstick in place.
That may be the one I lost, goes on my Edsel.

>And, my fuel injector pump on the NHC250 is missing the rear portion (it
>looks like the pump can divided into two main components)
I think you are missing the fuel pump best I recall the front is the
compressor
There are diff injector pump for the wrecker and the tractor. See below
5-2. DESCRIPTION
The M809 series vehicles use standard or variable speed pressure time (PT)
air fuel controlled (AFC)
plugged, type G fuel pumps. The variable speed (VS) fuel pump is used on the
M816 and M819 models.
These models require greater varying engine speed to operate the crane. This
is accomplished by an
additional governor located in the upper portion of the fuel pump housing.
All engines used in the M809 series vehicles contain six pressure time (PT)
type D fuel injectors. The
injectors receive fuel from the fuel pump and meter, and inject fuel into
the combustion chamber. There are
two types of injectors being used in these models: a standard cylindrical PT
(type-D) and cylindrical PT
(type-D) top stop injector. The standard injector was used prior to serial
number 11246663, and after serial
number 11246663 the top stop injector was used.

how hard is it to
>put the rear section back on, do you have to time it, if you do what is the
>procedure?

You really need the book or the CD

>Finally, is the wrecker the only M-809 type truck with dual fuel tanks? Or
>are there other trucks as well.
>M810 W/O W/W, M817 WO/W W/W M818 W/W and W/O

If you can not find any parts closer I have some used take off stuff but I'm
in Georgia.