BBC News item

From: Nigel Hay (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 09:25:46 PDT

Curiously today a national BBC news item was about President Blairs army
having no armoured Landrovers in Iraq - but that a surplus dealer in the UK
has 150 of them ready for sale. There is no dealer in the UK with any
quantity of these, the BBC were told that when they called the largest
dealers for confirmation but they still ran with the story - so one suspects
that a Walter Mitty type of dealer hoping for some dodgy publicity has spun
them this yarn.

Nige