Re: [MV] UK to get 400 Pinzgauer

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 13:30:12 PDT

<< New TUM (FFR) Contract goes to Pinzgauer
 The UK Ministry of Defence has awarded the £20 million plus contract >>

Hmmmm...... £20 million. And add to that another £5 BILLION for two new
warships for the Royal Navy, and another £800 MILLION for 24 Hawk aircraft for
the RAF.

Not bad for a country whose National Health Service is falling apart and now
has to send its patients to France and Germany to get treatment after waiting
for a year or more. And where charity workers have to shake collection tins
outside supermarkets to panhandle for cash to fund vital hospital equipment.
And where our female population now have to work for an extra five years to
reach retirement, and where the whole population has been "advised" that it may
have to work until it reaches the age of 70 because the Government can no
longer afford to pay retirement pensions at 65 years.
And where our railways are closed down under Health & Safety regulations for
periods because there's no money to fund vital track maintenance.
And where our main roads are gridlocked for hours on end because there's no
money for investment in infrastructure.
And where the police can't patrol the areas that they want to, because
there's insufficient money to resource the police service.

Another £20 million for trucks??? Well, we can afford that, I guess.

Ken