re-arching springs

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 17:58:40 PDT

Many years ago I had CJ2a that drooped on driver's side because springs were
almost flat, I took CJ to spring shop and they measured several things, then
I took vehicle back home took springs off and took just springs to shop and
they re-did them for me - they had to make me a new second spring on left
side for it was worn down where it sat on the third spring . I took both
front springs and then after had them back on vehicle took the rears to
them. This was some 30 years ago and I do not begin to remember what they
measured. The reason I took it for them to measure was they told me they
would do it from my measurements but if did not fit they would not be able
to do anything about it,. but., if I let them measure they would fit. It
was not an easy job to remove and replace springs but was well worth it. I
got new shackles, bolts (that can be lubed) and everything to do job back
better than new.

Everette