GOVERNMENT , WAR , AND WASTE . MV content buried

From: noel shelley (noel@shelley1722.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 05:31:20 PDT

Well done Jack , 10 out of 10 , for the fable , go to the top of the class .

During the last war { ww2 }Eastern England , and East Anglia in particular
became almost one large military base . East Anglia had well over 100 air
bases and many army camps , at most the same story is told only the details
change . Come the end of hostilities as the bases closed HUGE holes were
bulldozed in the ground and everything from socket sets to whole vehicles
and aircraft were buried . Talking to some of the old boys in the villages
around the bases will often reveal the location , at least roughly . Most
of the land in question has been returned to farming , and from some who
worked on the land I have heard stories of small tools and other items
coming to the surface. I have never heard of anyone excavating a site , one
can only guess at the treasure trove hidden .
There is little doubt that the story is true in the case of the American
military hospital at Snettisham Beach , and RAF Massingham .
An old work mate of mine , at the end of the war was driving a Queen Mary
{ an aircraft transporter } taking refurbished aircraft from the factory ,
to be loaded on ships , taken out into the Atlantic and DUMPED , under the
terms of lease lend .
In the case of the vehicles , to have released them would have caused
considerable unemployment and also a serious impact on the UK vehicle
builders , bearing in mind all the men coming back from war and needing work
.

Crushing HMMWV`s pales into insignificance compared to what was done nearly
sixty years ago , in our name and supposedly in our best interest .

I don`t agree with it then or now , NOEL