Re: [MV] A good tip and a radio/phone question

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 09:33:08 PDT

First the tip:

Many government manuals are classified "restricted"
that have long been declared elgible for public
release. Tip, you may petition the gov to obtain the
specific manual you need by calling Teresa Blake,
freedom of information officer for LOGSA at
732-532-2322.

For better service put it in writing and submit your
request via fax at 732-532-6748. She's almost never
at her desk, so be patient.

Now my question: While I wait for my (FOI release)
operators manual TM-11-5805-761-13&P, Telephone,
digital TA-1035/U ... has anyone used these phones
before and can share some information?

The phone is shaped like a plastic box about 11X8X3
square, with a two-way radio handset with square side
mounted squawk button for the handheld part. The face
of the phone has the keypad. On the right and on the
side it has two black push button connectors (1 XMT 2)
and two red push button connectors titles (1 RCV
2)followed by a round "DATA" port plug with a lot of
connector pins! It's all waterproof, with a rubber a
keypad. Price new was about $2500 per unit.

1. So what the heck do the keypad buttons: "FO" "F"
"I" "P" "C" and "R" mean?

2. How is the unit powered? It says 58 VDC, but is
this an internal battery? I don't see a power in port
or any other external connection I haven't opened the
phone case because it doesn't appear to made to open
to use an inside battery.

3. What is the round "Data' port used for? Is it for
a fax connector or computer perhaps?