Re: [MV] HMMWV v. idiots in government - With MV Content!

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 10:52:19 PDT

> Because the value is intellectual in nature, not physical.

I understand, but that's an entirely different situation. I don't think
that AMG has much secret technology in those 20 year old Humvees. I can
relate to intellectual property situation being a software developer.

> If they don't pay us what it is worth, we will gladly let someone else do
> it. We spent 2 years on contract negotiations (which should have taken 4
> months) and when the light was at the end of the tunnel it was cancelled
> at the last minute because the money we were about to receive was raided
> for war expenses. Now we have to start all over again. Yup, working
> with the government is fun :-)

I hope you make some money on that one!

The Civy market isn't much better. I spent 4 hours driving yesterday to
consult with a potential customer on a software job. Myself and 4 other
engineers were there. Then we found out that we were bidder number 11.
They were waiting for a still lower price before proceeding and if it does,
it won't begin until late next year. Would anyone want to be the low
bidder out of a group of 11 contractors? Not me.

MV content - we drove by the Hummer plant in Elkhart on the way to the
site. Yep, they are still in business. Now if I could just figure out how
to swap my old Dodge Caravan for one of those new H1s in the lot, I'd be
set.

Dave

--
Dave