Around the World M36A3 has arrived!

From: Michael Goodden (mgmv@auroragroup.co.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 12:07:35 PDT

Hi All

Well at long last my M36A3 has arrived and is with me!!! ... after
spending several weeks riding the high seas in a 40' container he spent
a ridiculously long time stuck in customs while either they lusted after
him or they were deliberating over what to do with him!! It was finally
road registered a few days ago and I had to go to the other end of the
country to collect him for the 300 mile drive home!!!

So now I'm setting about sorting out the truck firstly with all the
mechanical side with a extensive engine and transmission overhaul
(including increasing the HP) installing the Central Tyre Inflation
System and then I'll be extending my 109 body to fit the long wheel base
and converting the interior and sorting out the cab.

I'll keep you all posted with the progress and will try to get the
website up and running soon with full documentation of the
developments!!!

Anyone out there with an A3 who has any advice or knows where I can get
some parts please get in touch, any help is very much appreciated. :-)

Arthur - You'll be pleased to know the Lock-out hubs fit perfectly and
work excellently on the A3!!!

Many thanks
Mike
Michael Goodden