Attack of the (M151) clones.

From: IHC53 (ihc53@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 14:36:31 PDT

Has any one thought about the Encore/Carolina
Growler line of M151 clones? If real M151s
are so "unsafe" how were these clones allowed
to be sold and driven on public highways?

I know they have the improved M151a2 suspension,
but does that matter? Ive seen an Encore upclose
(and yes, I did have some sticker shock...$17K!) and
aside from having some cosmetic differences (no overlapping seam welds, A2
tail lights cutouts and
a straight cut back end for a tailgate) they looked pretty
much a MUTT.

IHC