Re: [MV] Re M151 it continues, LOL

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 18:30:06 PDT

> The Mutts did not pass any standards like that other than US Army
> evaluations for acceptability into the service

So take a M151A2 and apply the 'standard' for civilian use. Does it pass?
The answer would probably be yes, especially if you factor in the
'standard' for the year in which the vehicle was made. I would hate to put
words in Steve, or anyone else's mouths, but IMSHO if a 'standard' can be
met by a military vehicle then it should be allowed. Shoot, when I was an
adjuster in the 80's we had TONS of problems with grey market BMW's... you
could import them if they were made to comply with emission and bumper
regulations... however Many of the parts in the Euorpean models were of
different physical dimensions than the US models, meaning parts had to be
modified to function if possible otherwise you had to order them from
Germany... They were still allowed in tho..

            Paul