Re: [MV] WANTED: WC-56 Command Car Parts - where is it, who has it?????

From: Jeffrey Smith MVP (mvpco@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 07:55:53 PDT

I have the Wiring Harness kit for the WC56 also,
instock $475.00 free shipping in the USA

Jeff Smith MVP Wiring & Rubber Stuff
3519 Gatewood dr.
Pensacola, FL 32514
850-475-5030
www.mvpc.com

John Seidts <jseidts@astory.com> wrote:

First resource is Vintage Power Wagons. Dave Butler is
a stand up guy, and
I can't say enough good about him and his operation.
http://www.vintagepowerwagons.com Get their print
catalog. It gets better
every year, and this most recent issue was EXCELLENT!

For wiring, I recommend using Joe Hall of Vintage
Wiring of Maine.
http://www.vintagewiringofmaine.com
I have seen his work- he apprenticed to Kevin Marin
under Precision Wiring
as he bought the business. His prices are better than
the old Precision
prices, and he is a great guy to deal with. I think
his WC harnesses run
$550 for a complete harness- including everything and
a REALLY good
instruction manual to put it in the vehicle.

For headlights, you need a standard three prong sealed
beam. If you have
the original dishes, take them to a TSC store, and
find the 12V matching
tractor headlights. Just don't point them out to Law
Enforcement, as they
are not DOT approved.

Reflectors are going to be hard to find. Spare tire
carriers are impossible
to find.

Two other resources http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com
Make use of the forum.
Linked from there is the WWII Dodge Forum. They are
done respectively by
Joe Cimoch and Gordon McMillan. Gordon is an excellent
authority on WWII
Dodges (although he will say he is not, but he has
learned a great deal
about them through 7-8 restorations).

Good luck. I love WC, and own two WC53's myself.

> I need for a WC-56 Project:
> seats, front and back - have frames need complete
> upholstery
> set of data plates
> floor board material behind driver
> right outside running board
> weather-strip goes from windshield to cowl
> attaching hard for top bows - have bows and that's
all