OT info needed

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 17:00:53 PDT

Under the seat of my recently acquired '56 Dodge Power Wagon I found a tin
sign that says "Member American Agriculturist Protective Service" The sign
is roughly the size of a license plate, and is dated 1942-43. Can anyone out
there in the heartland provide any info on this organization?

I am involved in the security business and thought it might be interesting
to know what this was all about. Up until now, I figured that an
agricultural protective service included barbed wire, a loud dog and a
12-gauge with rocksalt.

Thanks, Arthur.