Re: [MV] CUCV alt. keeps breaking

From: Chris Stansbury (chris_stansbury@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 15:31:11 PDT

Thanks Bruce, no I haven't taken it apart yet, but I think I know what I
will find when I do. I was wondering if I soldered a new piece of wire in
there that was insulated in between the brush and the holder if then it
wouldn't be the weak link anymore and then something else would fry?? I
don't know. I'll pull the alt and look if it ever quits raining here!!
Chris

Chris Stansbury, O.D.
1301 Lee Street East
Charleston, WV 25301
304-343-3363

"Hi Chris,
     Did you see if the brush lead was broken again? I am wondering if there
is ome kind of mechanical missalignment that is messing with the brush
wires.
If you find that it was the brush wire again, then I would look for
something
that could break it. sharp edge, excessive vibration, touching something
that
would
cause it to burn/arc thru.
Hope this helps,