Re: [MV] 2568 Miles in a Deuce!

From: TacticalTruck@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 04:56:54 PDT

In a message dated 9/3/03 8:25:01 PM, Recovry4x4@aol.com writes:

<< I needed to move 2 trucks. I certainly can't afford a lowboy right now and
don't know if the tractor will pull the lowboy and a truck on it. I've done
the towbar routine and this beats it hands down! >>

    You're right the tractor won't deal with a low boy and the cargo truck, a
heavy M172 anyway, and tow baring the cargo behind the tractor would be a bad
idea because without any weight on the tractor's tandem, the cargo would
easily push you around but I would have probably tow bared the tractor behind the
cargo. It just seems like alot less hastle, especially for me since I'm
usually trying to do this kind of stuff by myself. Also the cargo be would have been
level so all the camping gear wouldn't end up piled against the tailgate as
you bounce down the road because there's no suspension travel left on the
cargo. Let alone loading the cinder blocks so you can unhook on the road in case
the tractor breaks. All that said it is an impressive rig and I'm sure it drove
well and there is something to be said about being able to back up.
Jeff